Monday, March 01, 2010

My First Holi

This is one of those times when things just refuse to go the way you’d hoped or planned; when i am in such a cranky mood that nothing other than the best could ever hope to please me.

My first holi in BITS...apparently a very joyous occasion. Beautiful clear sky, peacocks calling from just outside the hostel and a calm, serene atmosphere...just perfect for the upheaval called holi.

Then why you wonder i’m sitting here in my room with bitterness oozing out of every stroke of the keyboard keys. Well like i said before, in my world if things aren’t perfect they don’t exist at all. My ideal notion of holi in my first year college was that all my friends and i would take the place by storm and have a mind-bogglingly good time, even perhaps try out the ‘bhang’ (well yes i haven’t ever tried that yet, surprising i know but that is how it is).

But as you have guessed right, that was not to be. It turned out very few of my friends happened to share my views on how we should celebrate holi. They all decided to run back home. I sometimes wonder why i even befriended these people from Delhi and Jaipur, why i couldn’t hang out with people from the places farthest from Pilani. Ah well even while the question was framing i got my answer...simply ‘cause i love my friends here. But that of course is beside the point. The fact remained that my ideal holi was ruined and no fragmented holi celebration could appease me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment