Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Tomorrow is another day

Bearing in mind that I’m spending what could be the most jobless phase of my life (i.e. considering I’m never unemployed in my later life), I could say that I’m giving shamefully less time to things that I enjoy, reading and writing to mention the two most important.

With time stretching apparently infinitely, the motivation to actually do something worthwhile is low. And that pretty much reduces the daily timetable to getting up as late as 11 in the morning and then getting glued to the television till its tea-time watching any random movie that might be airing at the time. Well thanks to Sony Pix, Star Movies and HBO, though majorly fruitless, the day turns out to be sufficiently entertaining. Facebook and Gtalk pretty much take care of the rest of the day.

With over a month of such a routine, the mind seems oddly attached to it and thinking of any alternate lifestyle involving hardships of any kind not only is very, very unpleasant, it also seems to squeeze out all of the fun of the particular moment that the thought occurs in and the ones after it too. So I take to the policy that I have used more or less all my life, (which in fact was even employed by Scarlett) - I put the thought at the back of my head where I imagine it is safely locked until I voluntarily release it. It works most of the time.

But the instances that such thoughts occur have been rising recently. Now, with less than a month remaining for yet another phase of a little more than hardships, the disturbing thoughts plague my mind more often.

Weird though. When I was at the land of hardships, I quite enjoyed my stay and I even wondered before the break, what I would do for the long time I would get for doing basically nothing, how I would stay without my friends I was used to seeing 24 hours a day and how I would ever get used to soft beds and good food.

But within a week none of that mattered. The place I’d grown fond of wasn't so appealing anymore. Old friends resurfaced, relatives became confidants and well, soft beds and good food became the norm. And now it’s hard, very hard indeed to think of letting it all go, to go back to the mundane and morbid.

But as always, “tomorrow I’ll think of some way...after all, tomorrow is another day”

2 comments:

  1. you needn't copy paste a blogpost to fb as a note, fb allows you to automatically suck your blog posts into fb as notes ;-)

    and of course, here's to another semester :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post :).2-1 is the good life btw, you guys will enjoy it. It wont be much of a change from hols :P .

    ReplyDelete