Friday, December 19, 2008

I remember

I still remember the day we met,
I was too shy to talk at all.
I still remember what you'd said,
Then how we talked till nightfall.

I still remember the times you spent with me,
Making sure I was at ease.
I still remember the faces you made,
It was like I had a laughing disease.

I remember when you'd called at two,
Saying how much you missed me,
I remember when you'd lied at home,
Just so that you could meet me.

I also remember the day i realized,
That soon you'd be gone forever.
I remember crying for hours before you,
How you held me close to soothe the fear.

I'll always remember the day I stopped seeing you,
Its so clear I can live it all again.
I remember visiting your house that day,
The place was never the same again.

Its been a long time since that day,
And people tell me to move on,
But how can I, when you live within me,
Though they say you are no more.

I still remember and will always do,
What you meant to me,
No matter how many years pass by,
In my heart you'll always be.

1 comment: